Step by step guide supporting staff delivering work shadowing events
Work shadowing is one of the easiest ways to introduce your students to the world of work.
HCS have developed an "Insight 2 Work" step by step guide to ensure that everyone involved with organising and delivering a work shadowing event can make the most from this experience.
The pack includes:
- Information and briefings for senior leaders
- Sample letters for employers and parents/carers
- Guidance on health and safety
- Assembly and parents evening presentations
- Lesson plans
- A student journal
- An evaluation document
"Insight 2 Work" builds students' knowledge and understanding of the world of work.
It will help young people begin to:
- appreciate what is involved in a day of work
- recognise the importance of self organisational skills in managing careers
- form an appreciation of the different occupational areas within the world of work
- form an understanding of the different businesses and organisations that exist and how individual jobs fit into team or department structures
- develop skills in talking and writing about their experiences
- recognise the importance of recording activities to assist in preparing reports or exhibition material at a later date
The "Insight 2 Work" pack has been designed by experienced careers professionals, the materials have been tried and tested through our work supportign young people.